By Constantino M Torres,David B Repke
As cultures shaped and developed in pre-Columbian South the United States, Anadenanthera grew to become some of the most frequent shamanic inebriants. Anadenanthera: Visionary Plant of historic South the USA is greater than a finished reference on shamanic visionary elements; it's a useful gizmo for archeologists and pre-Columbian artwork historians. This thorough publication examines the ritual and cultural use of Anadenanthera from prehistory to the current, besides its botany, chemistry, pharmacology, anthropology, and archeology.
The earliest proof for using psychoactive crops in South the US is supplied through continues to be of seeds and pods recovered from archeological websites 4 millennia outdated. numerous arrangements have been derived from it with the reason of being a shamanic inebriant. Inhaled throughout the nostril, smoked in pipes or as cigars, and ready in fermented beverages, Anadenanthera served a relevant function within the cultural improvement of indigenous societies in South the USA. Anadenanthera: Visionary Plant of historic South the USA explores the entire spectrum of knowledge gleaned from study, overlaying various archeological websites within the Andean zone, in addition to discussing Amazonian shamanic rituals and lore. Analyses of the creative expressions in the of linked ceremonial paraphernalia reminiscent of ritual snuffing tubes and snuff trays are incorporated. The textual content is richly illustrated with images and pictures of adorned ritual implements, and offers a complete bibliography.
Anadenanthera: Visionary Plant of historical South the US explores:
- botanical facets, taxonomy, and geographical distribution of Anadenanthera
- ethnographical, ancient, and standard elements of Anadenanthera use
- chemical and pharmacological investigations of the genus and a number of the visionary arrangements derived from itwith emphasis at the biologically lively constituents
- theories of the mechanisms of motion of the lively tryptamines and carboline alkaloids
- comparisons of wooden anatomy, morphology, and percent of alkaloid content material
- overview of stylistic and iconographic traits
Anadenanthera: Visionary Plant of historic South the US is an intensive, resource for archeologists, anthropologists, chemists, researchers, pre-Columbian paintings historians, and any layperson drawn to pre-Columbian artwork, archeology, or visionary plants.
Read or Download Anadenanthera: Visionary Plant of Ancient South America PDF
Similar botany books
No description to be had
An knowing of the mineral meals of crops is of primary significance in either simple and utilized plant sciences. the second one variation of this publication keeps the purpose of the 1st in featuring the foundations of mineral meals within the gentle of present advances. This quantity keeps the constitution of the 1st version, being divided into elements: dietary body structure and Soil-Plant Relationships.
Medical Essay from the 12 months 2014 within the topic Biology - Botany, , language: English, summary: Jatropha curcas L. (Euphorbiaceae) is a multipurpose perennial shrub/small tree, local to Mexico and Subtropical the USA, now grows certainly in such a lot tropical components of the area. it truly is an underutilized plant of a number of values.
Shrubs and vines are the most different and common crops within the nice Lakes Region. Michigan Shrubs and Vines is the must-have e-book for a person who needs to spot and find out about those interesting crops. offered within the similar appealing, easy-to-use layout because the vintage Michigan timber, the ebook offers designated descriptions of 132 species, delivering concise details on key characters, habitat, distribution, and progress trend.
- Insect Pest Management: Field and Protected Crops
- The Poverty of Riches: St. Francis of Assisi Reconsidered (Oxford Studies in Historical Theology)
- Physicochemical and Environmental Plant Physiology
- Flowering Plants. Eudicots: Malpighiales: 11 (The Families and Genera of Vascular Plants)
- Mineral Nutrition of Rice
Extra resources for Anadenanthera: Visionary Plant of Ancient South America