By Gordon Cumming
Read or Download Aid to Africa: French and British Policies from the Cold War to the New Millennium PDF
Best international affairs books
The us and Canada have the world’s biggest buying and selling dating and the longest shared border. Spanning the interval from the yank Revolution to post-9/11 debates over shared protection, Canada and the U.S. bargains a present, considerate evaluation of family members among the 2 nations.
Seminar paper from the yr 2011 within the topic Politics - foreign Politics - sector: South Asia, grade: 82%, McGill college, path: Political switch in South Asia, language: English, summary: Sri Lanka has only in the near past survived a civil conflict. notwithstanding the clash is over, questions nonetheless come up over no matter if the rustic has surely facilitated the method of reconstruction and reconciliation of ties throughout its assorted ethnic groups.
Extra so than long ago, the united states is now embracing the common sense of preventive strength: utilizing army strength to counter capability threats worldwide ahead of they've got absolutely materialized. whereas well-liked by people who search to prevent too many “boots at the ground,” preventive strength is debatable due to its capability for pointless collateral harm.
Ilisu is a small village at the River Tigris within the Turkish province of Southeastern Anatolia, with reference to the boarders of Syria and Iraq. This village has develop into eponymous for the Ilisu Dam, a hydropower venture with a specified capability of 1,200 megawatts. At a deliberate top of 136 meters, the dam might create a reservoir lake with a floor region of greater than three hundred km2, triggering the displacement of 55-65,000 humans.
- The 'national interest' and the transformation of Hungarian foreign politics in the 1980s
- Those Angry Days: Roosevelt, Lindbergh, and America's Fight Over World War II, 1939-1941
- Nation to Nation: Treaties Between the United States and American Indian Nations
- The Price of Indifference: Refugees and Humanitarian Action in the New Century (Council on Foreign Relations Book)
- The Taming of Democracy Assistance: Why Democracy Promotion Does Not Confront Dictators
Extra info for Aid to Africa: French and British Policies from the Cold War to the New Millennium