By Jack Kornfield,Jon Kabat-Zinn
NOTE: The publication doesn't include the audio part incorporated within the unique revealed edition.
Table of Contents
Foreward by way of Jon Kabat-Zinn
Introduction: a call for participation to Awaken
- The knowledge of Our Difficulties
- The Earth is My Witness
- Shared Compassion
- Awakening the Buddha of knowledge in Difficulties
- The perform of Forgiveness
- The Temple of Healing
- The Zen of an Aching Heart
- Equanimity and Peace
- Your optimum Intention
- The 4 Foundations of Mindfulness and the therapeutic Journey
Afterword: The go back of Joy
each existence is full of switch and lack of confidence, and each lifestyles comprises loss and agony and problems that come up regularly. we're all nomads during this ever-changing international, and we'd like how one can floor ourselves and stay established it doesn't matter what happens.
after we stumble upon tough instances in our lives, it isn't simply the outer alterations, yet frequently our personal frame of mind that motives us the main difficulty. Grief and nervousness, worry and loss, and different turbulent feelings that we stock with us—and the stories
Read or Download A Lamp in the Darkness: Illuminating the Path Through Difficult Times PDF
Similar buddhism books
How a lot meditation is sweet for you? Why visualize an Enlightened being? Are there locations that meditation does not succeed in? All of those questions and intensely many extra are tackled during this significant compilation of Sangharakshita's teachings on meditation, drawn from formerly released works and from the unpublished transcripts of seminars.
Students of Buddhism, themselves Buddhist, right here search to use the severe instruments of the academy to re-evaluate the reality and transformative price in their culture in its relevance to the modern world.
Au coeur de los angeles compassion Commentaire des Trente-Sept Stances sur los angeles pratique des bodhisattvas Le monde ne serait-il pas meilleur si chacun se souciait plus des autres que de soi-même ? L'amour et l. a. compassion dont nous sommes capables peuvent non seulement se cultiver pour devenir plus forts, mais ils peuvent aussi devenir infinis, inconditionnels et parfaits.
Padmasambhava—the lotus born—overcame cultural, political, and non secular hindrances to convey the Buddhist teachings to Tibet from India within the 9th century. Likewise, Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche needed to overcome non secular and cultural competition to Buddhism—the mystery teachings, in particular—to determine his neighborhood in North the USA within the 20th century.
- Buddhist Psychology and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: A Clinician's Guide
- The Letters of Chan Master Dahui Pujue
- The Platform Sutra of the Sixth Patriarch (Translations from the Asian Classics)
- A Guide to the Buddhas (Meeting the Buddhas)
- EL BUDDHISMO:Introducción a su historia y a sus enseñanzas (Spanish Edition)
- Zen für Küche und Leben: Kommentare zu Zen-Meister Dogens Tenzo Kyokun - Anweisungen für den Koch (German Edition)
Extra resources for A Lamp in the Darkness: Illuminating the Path Through Difficult Times