By Linda Wagner-Martin
- The background of yankee Literature from 1950 to the current offers a entire research of the big variety of literary works that extends into the twenty first century
- Covers drama, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, technological know-how fiction, and detective novels
- Features dialogue of yankee works in the context of such 21st-century matters as globalization, medication, gender, schooling, and different topics
Read or Download A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
A Concise significant other to modern British Fiction bargains an authoritative evaluate of latest British fiction in its social, political, and monetary contexts. makes a speciality of the fiction that has emerged because the past due Seventies, approximately because the commence of the Thatcher period. contains unique essays from significant students.
Spheres of expertise: Wilberian fundamental ways to Literature, Philosophy, Psychology, and paintings strikes towards development a brand new and extra entire conception of literature, philosophy, psychology, and artwork. The very hot paintings of Ken Wilber unites the simplest of either western and jap inspiration and affirms that the levels of recognition, extra sophisticated than that of the reasoning brain, do exist.
Nadine Gordimer is likely one of the most vital writers to emerge within the 20th century. Her anti-Apartheid novel July's humans (1981) is a strong instance of resistance writing and maintains even now to unsettle effortless assumptions approximately problems with strength, race, gender and identification. This consultant to Gordimer's compelling novel offers:an obtainable advent to the textual content and contexts of July's humans a serious heritage, surveying the numerous interpretations of the textual content from book to the current a variety of latest and reprinted serious essays on July's humans, supplying more than a few views at the novel and lengthening the assurance of key methods pointed out within the serious surveycross-references among sections of the consultant, with a purpose to recommend hyperlinks among texts, contexts and feedback feedback for extra interpreting.
This paintings is not just a common inquiry into ecstatic states of realization and an historic define of the ecstatic poetic culture but additionally a radical research of 5 consultant poets—Rumi, Wordsworth, Whitman, Dickinson, and Tagore. In a refreshingly unique, wide-ranging engagement with strategies in psychology, faith, philosophy, aesthetics, sociology and historical past, this e-book demonstrates that the poetics and aesthetics of ecstasy symbolize an historic, ubiquitous thought of poetry that maintains to persuade writers within the present century.
- Images of Crisis (Routledge Revivals): Literary Iconology, 1750 to the Present
- Brecht Collected Plays: 2: Man Equals Man; Elephant Calf; Threepenny Opera; Mahagonny; Seven Deadly Sins: "Man Equals Man", "Elephant Calf", "Threepenny Ope (World Classics)
- Letters of Blood and Other Works in English
- The status of metaphor in (de)constructing historical master-narratives in the novels of Julian Barnes and Graham Swift and Kazuo Ishiguro
- The Cambridge Introduction to Walter Benjamin (Cambridge Introductions to Literature)
Additional resources for A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature)